This diploma was developed to improve and sustain a harmonized, credible, and predictable national quality of product and service delivery in the tourism and hospitality industry. The specific competences are responsive to the dynamic character of tourism and relevant to the needs of Kenya as a destination within the context of universal professional ethics and practices as well as customer demand.

This course is designed to equip the trainee with knowledge, skills and attitudes that will enable him/her to plan, organize, control and evaluate tour guiding activities and market tourism products and facilities to all domestic and international travelers and tourists in particular. A graduate of this course should be able to perform operational, supervisory and managerial duties to meet the needs of the expanding and dynamic tourism industry in East Africa and beyond.

The course is designed in a modular form and requires trainees to spend 60% of their time on practical lessons while the rest 40% is spent on theory lessons. Research on emerging issues and trends are also emphasized.

Course Duration

The course is designed to have 2970 hours and is structured in three modules.

Entry requirements:

  1. Passed relevant craft course in tour Guiding and travel operations or related courses


  1. Passed Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education(KCSE) with an average grade of Cminus (C-)


  1. Equivalent qualifications as determined by Kenya National Examinations Council(KNEC)

Leave a Comment